Wall electricity is currently being widely used in architectural works. So what is wall electricity? Is wall electricity good? Should we install wall electricity? Let’s learn about wall electricity through this article.
1. What is wall electricity?
- Underground electricity is understood as an electrical system designed to run inside a wall or underground. Concealed electricity will help keep the wires from being exposed. Recessed electricity ensures safety and convenience for the family’s daily life.
- Compared with old buildings, the electrical system is floating on the walls. At present, the new architecture of the electrical system will be connected to the wall.
- Modern buildings today mostly use safe electrical systems. The external wall electrical system creates convenience and increases the aesthetics of sitting at home.
2. Is wall electricity good? Should I use wall electricity?
To answer the question, is wall electricity good? Please continue with us.
When installing an electrical system for a project, you have two options: floating wiring and wall wiring. A floating electrical system is an electrical system that is connected directly to the wall of your home. This electrical system will create a feeling of entanglement and loss of aesthetics in the building.
Therefore, the in-wall electrical system is the best remedy for this problem. The wires of the in-wall electrical system will be embedded in the wall of your home. Do not expose the tangled electrical wires, helping to increase the beauty of your home space.
2.1 Advantages of the wall electricity system
- The electrical wires are submerged in the wall to increase the beauty of the building.
- Minimize electrical accidents, and increase convenience during your family’s daily life.
- Electrical wires will be better protected, avoiding external impacts.
2.2 Disadvantages of the wall electricity system
- Wall-mounted electricity has a complicated design and installation.
- The cost of wall-mounted electrical installation is quite high.
- Difficult to repair if the wall electricity system has a problem.
Above are the advantages and disadvantages of wall electricity systems. Thereby can partly help you evaluate whether the wall electricity system is good or not.
3. How to install a wall electricity system
Here are the principles and installation methods of the wall electricity system
Before installation, you need to determine the exact location of electrical appliances in the house: such as light bulbs, electrical outlets, electrical switches, etc. When the locations are determined, the wiring of the wall-mounted electrical system will be conducted.
Make a wall electricity diagram: once you have determined the locations, the next step is to make a diagram of the electrical system. You must clearly understand this diagram to avoid confusion during the installation process.
Construction: The construction stage is the most important. The wall electricity system is complicated to repair, so the construction process must be accurate.
4. Construction of wall electricity system
Drawing wiring diagram on the wall: when you have a wiring diagram drawing, use chalk to draw this wiring diagram on the wall. This system must be accurately calculated and drawn to minimize the repair process and protect the house’s beauty. Use chalk to draw this wiring diagram on the wall.
Drilling and cutting the wall: once the diagram has been drawn, we drill and cut the wall to install the system. Use a drill to cut the wall according to the drawn diagram. The width and depth of the cuts depending on the conductor’s cross-section you want to use.
Go plastic pipes: when the drilling is done, you put the plastic pipes into the grooves. Then fixed with wire.
Threading wires into the wall: you can thread the wires before or after finishing. However, we should thread the wire first to avoid encountering obstacles and not spend time chiseling the wall.
Finishing works: after finishing laying pipes and threading wires. We use glue to fill the grooves that have been punched so that it is firm but still aesthetically pleasing.
5. Notes on the construction of wall electricity
- It is advisable to divide the power cord into many branches to easily disconnect the power according to each area of the house when you want to repair or install it.
- Plastic pipes should choose hard and durable pipes. Plastic pipes must be waterproof and must not leak.
- Run the power cord in dry places.
- Pipes and wires should not be placed more than 1/3 of the wall thickness.
Wall-mounted electricity has become popular in most architectural works today. In the framework of this article, we have helped you answer the question of whether wall electricity is good. Hope you will make the right decisions when installing electrical systems and choosing quality power-saving sockets for your family.
If you are looking for a certified electrician in Colorado to install a wall electricity system for your houses, contact us!