The industrial electrical system is an important and indispensable part of many factories and enterprises. However, do you correctly understand what an industrial electrical system is or what its structure includes? Let’s find out the answers to the above questions in this article.
1. What is an industrial electrical system?
The industrial power system is a power transmission and distribution system to help machines and equipment operate in service of production, business, and services. This system ensures the power source’s stable operation while simultaneously developing a safe, reasonable and efficient power transmission system for all industrial activities.
2. Components of industrial electrical systems
After learning “What is an industrial electrical system?” Another question that many businesses wonder is what parts does this system include? The industrial electrical system consists of many parts, each with different functions and tasks. As follows:
Medium-voltage power supply system for total transformer: This is a transformer to convert the current from the national power grid to serve production and business. This system aims at stabilizing the current, making adjustments to increase and decrease the voltage to a suitable level to operate machinery and equipment in the factory effectively.
Distribution cabinet system: A system installed to manage the circulation of power in the factory to ensure the safety of industrial equipment and machinery. Depending on the installation location, there are two types of electrical cabinet systems:
- MSB’s total distribution electrical cabinet includes many compartments such as general ACB/MCCB compartment, MCCB/MCB compartments, ATS compartment containing the power switch, GPRS compartment containing the remote management system, etc.
- DB distribution cabinet: including MCB/RCCB compartments, fuses, phase indicator lights or with additional capacitors, Ammeter or Voltmeter, …
3. Roles and applications of industrial electrical systems
Industrial power systems have an essential role and application as one of the core systems when building factories. As follows:
The role of the industrial electrical system:
- Bringing electricity from the national electricity network into production service helps increase equipment and machinery productivity.
- Save labor, and help people perform continuous processes.
- Helps reduce production costs, thereby lowering product costs to increase sales revenue.
- Make machines work more productively and save production and processing time.
- The industrial electrical system helps the production lines at enterprises operate more professionally and quickly.
- Helping perform tasks that are difficult for humans, such as reducing humidity, vacuuming, air conditioning, etc
Application of industrial electrical system:
- The electrical system is applied in most factories in various fields such as beer production, food, packaging, electronic components, etc.
- This system supports several industrial tools and machines such as ventilation, air conditioning, vacuuming, etc.
- It is also applied to support production and business activities such as fire protection, surveillance camera operation, water pump system, etc., depending on the specific needs of each industry.
- Moreover, this power system is not only applied in the industry but is also widely used in many other industries such as agriculture, forestry, and seafood processing.
4. What are the requirements for personnel in the electrical industry?
Workers and engineers in this industry must ensure they master the background knowledge and professional skills. Basic knowledge is the principles and principles of electrical systems. I learned about specialized knowledge for distribution, transmission, and industrial electrical design jobs.
Besides, you also need to master the skills of designing and using tools. For example, connection and installation of electrical signal systems and power transmission equipment. Operate, inspect, maintain and repair electrical equipment systems for enterprises, factories, residential areas, or other industrial electrical equipment.
Because the industrial power system plays a key role in the production operation, installing this system requires a team of professional engineers to ensure high quality and efficiency.
- In Colorado, some experienced electrical engineers will give our customers the best service:
- Fully meet the demand for quality, aesthetics, and construction progress according to Right – Standard – Beautiful criteria.
- A genuine maintenance system and regular and professional maintenance staff ensure the best quality for customers.
- 3D drawing design, free consultation on industrial electrical system design for businesses.
- Professional design and installation process of electrical systems following customer requirements.
For advice on the design and installation of industrial electrical systems, please get in touch with Colorado Electrician to receive the best service.